03/26/2009 - Volume 2, Issue 2
New and improved features have been developed to improve programming experience for our popular PLC software. Version 6 includes intelligent keys for fast keyboard programming in ladder or function block diagram, extended character range for names and comments, new shortcuts, and can appear in Windows Vista style just to name a few.
About Panasonic's FPWIN Pro IEC 61131-3 PLC Programming Software
FPWIN Pro is Panasonic's PLC programming software developed according to the international standard IEC 61131-3 (for Windows 2000, XP or Vista). This latest version is a result of experience gained over many years. We were one of the first PLC manufacturers to offer IEC 61131-3 compliant programming software, and we are a leading member of the international PLCopen organization.
The most important FPWIN Pro highlights at a glance:
- One software for all FP Series PLCs
- 5 programming languages (instruction list, ladder diagram, function block diagram, sequential function chart, structured text)
- Well structured navigator provides effective overview of programming organization units (POUs), tasks, system registers, etc., simplifying project management
- Reuse of ready made functions and function blocks saves time for programming and debugging
- Programming, service, monitoring and diagnostics via RS232 (COM), Modem, Ethernet, USB
- Forced ON/OFF of input and output contacts via the PC
- Extensive comments - online documentation created hand in hand with the program
- Flexible naming of variables, functions, function blocks and comments can be written in all languages thanks to Unicode
- Improved programming comfort: snap function, automatic placement of newly inserted elements, existing connection retained while moving elements
- Keyboard-control mode can accelerate programming
- 6 languages are supported: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish and Japanese
- Ready made application specific function blocks available for download.
Complete your temperature, or motion control application in only 5 minutes
Numerous application specific function blocks are available for download to make quick work of normally tedious tasks. Application function blocks are currently available for: temperature, motion control, communication and analog signal processing.
Download the latest application library from our web site, Add it to your FPWIN Pro software, Insert the function block into your logic and connect a few data points to the function block.